Dear media user,
Welcome to the new v2com newswire. Whether you already have a media account from the previous version, or you are a new media user, we invite you to create a new account by clicking on "Create a media account" below.
The Vitrina Collection is an engaging new range of glass cabinets, designed by Hierve for Case Furniture. The collection is a conceptual extension of 2012’s Ropero wardrobe system, distilling its design language into a more simple and functional form.
The collection was launched at Maison et Objet in January 2013, and it puts a contemporary spin on this classic piece of furniture, subverting traditional form and configuration to create an appealingly fresh aesthetic. The word “vitrina” simply means glass cabinet in Spanish, though the striking colour, character and intent of these pieces belie the understatement of the collection’s name.
The unit exteriors are crafted from natural solid oak wood, with reinforced 4mm glass, brushed-brass hinges, and magnet closures for the doors. The interiors create a dramatic contrast, featuring painted MDF in a selection of vibrant and neutral colours. Finishing touches include soft-close drawer mechanisms and flexible shelving capabilities.
The collection so far…
· Small sideboard with glass top.
· Length (120) x height (90) x depth (50).
· Inner configuration with 1 open drawer on top, 2 flexible shelving spaces below and lateral shelves.
· Tall cabinet.
· Length (95) x height (210) x depth (50).
· Inner configuration with 5 flexible shelving spaces on top, two drawers on the bottom and lateral shelves.
· Long sideboard with glass top.
· Length (180) x height (70) x depth (50).
· Inner configuration with 1 drawer on top, 2 flexible shelving spaces beneath and lateral shelves.
D1-Small Shelving-Glass top
· Small cabinet with glass top, on top of tall base.
· Length (140) x height (50) x depth (50).
· Inner configuration with 2 flexible shelving spaces and lateral shelves.
Fusing traditional and current design references, the units take on a bright, distinctive character. They are perfect for the home, retail outlets or hotels, inviting people to store and display their objects in a beautiful, yet practical way.
Project name: Vitrina Collection
Client: Case Furniture Ltd
Design phase: 2012-2013
Co-Workers: Partner (Alejandro Villarreal), Co-workers (Jesus Ramirez)