Dear media user,
Welcome to the new v2com newswire. Whether you already have a media account from the previous version, or you are a new media user, we invite you to create a new account by clicking on "Create a media account" below.
Located on the shores of the Mediterranean, in the town of La Londe-les-Maures, in the south-east of France, the “Capitainerie” is the newest location in this small seaside town.
PietriArchitectes won the tender in 2011, responding with a project in line with their work in Marseille (Bains de Mer Chauds and the Tour H99) and Seyne sur Mer (Redline apartments).
The feel of the project is conclusively mellow, almost playful, more like an urban pavilion than an experimental signal.
The reaction of the residents alone, throughout construction and at the time of delivery, justified the choice of architecture used in the renovation of the site.
A metre above ground level, to avoid the tragic flooding which occurred again this year, the “Capitainerie” project is multifunctional:
To resolve this complexity, the diverse functions have been distributed on three separate decks connected by freely accessible public gangways. The facilities function more like a multi-storey road than a centre.
The effectiveness of this system lies also in the contextual use of the Mediterranean climate.
Built from concrete, wood and stainless steel, the design carefully offers materials capable of withstanding a marine environment, which have been tried and tested by PietriArchitectes in other waterfront projects.
- Subject: Equipping / reconstruction of the former harbour master’s office
- Address: Place Georges Gras, 83250 La Londe-les-Maures
- Tender won in December 2011
- Start of work: October 2013
- Delivery: December 2014
- Cost Excl. Tax: 1.2M€
- Area 407m²
- Owner: La Londe-les-Maures Town Council
- Contracting party: La Londe-les-Maures Town Council
- Project manager: PietriArchitectes
- Project team: JBP, Zoé Raynaud, Jérémy Louette
- Technical research office: B.E.T. Yves Garnier S.A.S.
- Quality control office: APAVE Sudeurope
- Health & safety: APAVE Sudeurope
- Geotechnics: GEOTERRA
- Demolition&asbestos removal: SPADA TP
- Roads & utility services: SPADA TP / GMC
- Foundations, structural works, waterproofing: F.D.O. Méditerrannée
- Carpentry: S.A.M.
- Covering & cladding: F.D.O. Méditerrannée
- Partition walls & lining: F.D.O. Méditerrannée
- Electricity: Eiffage Energie
- HVAC & plumbing: Camiclar / KFCM
- Glass: Saint Gobain
- Lighting: Modular