Singapore, Singapore, 2014-10-02 -
World Architecture Festival has just announced the winners of 13 award categories on the second day of the event in Singapore. The details of the winners are below, with individual press releases attached in the PDF document.
- New and old: Rethinking the Split House by Neri&Hu
- Civic and community: The Chapel by a21studi
- Culture: Danish Maritime Museum by BIG
- Hotel and leisure: Son La Restaurant by Vo Trong Nghia Architects
- Villa: Dune House by Fearon Hay Architects
- Production energy and recycling: Lune de Sang Sheds by CHROFI
- Transport: Scale Lane Bridge by McDowell+Benedetti
- Health: Chris O'Brien Lifehouse by Rice Daubney
- Sport: Singapore Sports Hub by Singapore Sports Hub Design Team
- Residential: The Village by Sanjay Puri Architects
- Competition entries: Art Gallery of Greater Victoria by 5468796 Architecture and Number TEN Architectural Group
- Education: FPT Technology Building by Vo Trong Nghia Architects
- Experimental: Skyfarm by Rogers Stirk Harbour + Partners and Arup Associates
Twitter: @worldarchfest #WAF2014
NOTES TO EDITORS
World Architecture Festival (WAF) is the largest annual festival and live awards programme for the global architecture community.
It is taking place at the Marina Bay Sands in Singapore between 1st – 3rd October 2014.
WAF has three central pillars of activity:
- A wide-ranging conference programme, featuring keynote lectures, dozens of expert-led talks and seminars from thought-leading architects and designers from across the globe.
- The world’s largest annual awards programme in which practices from around the world compete across 28 award categories for global recognition. Architects of every shortlisted project are invited to attend the festival to give a live presentation to a panel of judges, asserting their case for why their project should win. The winners of each category are put forward to compete for the coveted World Building of the Year award, presided over by the festival’s ‘super-jury’, with the presentation of the award being the culmination of WAF 2014. This year’s super jury members are Richard Rogers (chair), Rocco Yim, Julie Eizenberg, Enric Ruiz Geli and Peter Rich.
- Three festival halls where all award entries are displayed in a unique awards gallery and where sponsors and suppliers can interact with delegates, make new contacts and showcase their services and products.
As well as this the festival plays host to an international, live student charrette; parties and receptions in some of Singapore’s most exciting locations; exclusive tours to Singapore’s most recent architectural sites of interest and a celebratory gala dinner and awards ceremony.
WAF has welcomed over 12,500 attendees to date, including over 2,000 in 2012. The Marina Bay Sands in Singapore, itself a previous WAF Award winner, is WAF’s home for the third year running, having been held in Barcelona for four years previously, providing the perfect backdrop to this truly global architectural extravaganza.
WAF are proud to work with Founder Partner, Grohe and Headline Partner, AzkoNobel.
WAF awards Programme
The WAF awards are the global industry benchmark for excellence. Entries are welcome in 29 categories, spanning completed buildings, landscape projects and future projects.
- Civic and community
- Higher education/research
- New and Old
- Completed designs – rural and urban
- Commercial mixed-use
- Competition entries
- Leisure-led development
About WAF’s organisers - i2i Events Group
i2i Events Group delivers world-class exhibitions and large scale events in key sectors including home and gift, fashion, retail, healthcare, energy, environment, education, technology and media. Its portfolio of world-wide events includes World Retail Congress, RWM, Spring Fair, Naidex, BVE, Bett and Pure London. It prides itself on opening up possibilities for its customers and each year brings more than 250,000 decision makers together to network, source, test, buy and sell brilliant products, services, ideas and solutions. The company is headed up by Mark Shashoua who joined EMAP as Group MD of EMAP Connect in November 2011 and became CEO of i2i Events Group in March 2012. i2i Events Group is powered by Top Right Group, formerly known as Emap International Ltd.